Okay, so its Monday morning here in Malaytown, and much has transpired since my fated KLCC park post. The day after that, I went on an exploratory journey of my soul and/or some of the less downtown areas of KL. Basically it was originally just an exercise in trying to find my way back to CIJ before having to go into work on Tuesday. Navigation-wise it was a ... cinch? Ugh I really don't feel right using that word. Anyways, i made it to TitiWang station in one piece, and made may way towards CIJ. However! I couldn't help but stop to "explore" (ie cautiously walk around taking picture) the old government housing buildings along the way. These are pretty intense abandoned apartment buildings that loom ominously and, well openly. Apparently they're condemned by the government, and have been empty for quite some time -- since the 1990s perhaps? Anyways, I snapped some photos. These ones are pretty cool:
Also, an interesting little tidbit: in one of the apartment buildings, the residents refuse to leave. Its all abandoned looking, yet has clothes hanging out of some of the windows.
Anyways, back to my wanderings. I think there are two main little lessons to take out of them: 1) I'm very very white, and a bit more aware of it now and 2) I shouldn't have eaten the $1 soup from the small discrete soup shop I found.
My realization about #1 came about when I went into a covered market in Chow Kit. I was pretty much just standard andrew-ing it -- bouncing about in my shorts and burkinstocks with a backpack on and looking around wideeyed at the various stalls. I think I got about 5 meters in before someone laughingly asked where I was from. Anyways, I took off from chow kit and went on to learn lesson number two.
Well, to be fair I didnt learn lesson two until the next morning. The origin of said lesson came in the form of this soup:
and resulted in this video being made:
(the actual video is not shown here... I think everyones better off that way. I was a little delerious after puking all morning, and I make some strange claims in it)
All that having been said, though, I quite healthy now. I managed to recover, pick up José from the airport later that evening, and get a solid nights sleep. Now I think for today, José and I are going to explore what kind of Cameras Sangei Wang mall has, and possibly make our way to Little India?
No comments:
Post a Comment