Monday, September 1, 2008
Blog Six; Entitled Tuesday Morning, or How I Managed to Miss the Malaysian Independence Celebration and Not Realize it Until Three Days Later
So the title pretty much sums it up. After I picked up Jose form the airport on Friday night, there was quite the to-do happening at Bukit Bintag station. We wondered around the area and experienced 1) an epic Chinese concert, 2) kids dousing each other in aerosol silly string 3) a massive crowd anxiously watching a busker do nothing and 4) suped up cars with silly horns. Now, don't get me wrong -- I knew all of this was in celebration of Malaysia 51st independence day (or Merdeka). I just figured that the main celebration was on Monday. And that Monday was August 31st. Anyways, so we made our way back to the apartment, and I was still feeling a little sick from that morning, so I passed out, only to be woken by amazing fireworks later in the night. I thought they were pretty great, snapped some pictures, and went back to bed. It wasn't until exploring Merdeka Square with José yesterday (Monday, September 1st) that I realized that Friday had indeed been the Merdeka Celebrations (it happens on Midnight of the 31st every year) annnd that it was already September. haha anyways, here are some pictures of the crowd, the fireworks (from my bed), and the empty Merdeka Square a few days later


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment