Thursday, September 4, 2008

An Interesting encounter

Okay, so I had to pay the rent today. Unfortunately though, it meant coming in to CIJ one or two hours late so I could catch the bank during business hours. I was running a little bit later than I expected, and left the apartment in a bit of a fluster at 10AM, with my side bag instead of my back pack. I made my way to the MayBank to take out 1500 RM (the rent is 2640 RM, but I'd already taken out 1500 RM a couple days back). The withdrawl was pretty easy... nothing really to speak of. My next stop was the Standard Charter, Bukit Bintang Branch -- Luckily the MayBank is also Bukit Bintang, so I was just an escalator ride away. I got about half way up the escalator when Alas!! I realized that the account number in which to deposit the rent was in my backpack back at the apartment. Ugh. Anyways I got off at the top of the stairs, and rummaged through my sidebag for a possible account number clue. Meanwhile, a rush of people from the monorail flowed around me. Eventually I gave up and made to go back to the apartment but was stopped by an old Indian man staring at me.
"You are very lucky," he said.
I stammered awkwardly, of course as I'm want to do in attempting to flee.
"Yes, you are very lucky," he continued, "I can see it in your forehead."
If my memory serves me well, I just stood there with an awkward about-make-an-excuse smile. He went on...
"You are lucky but this is not your month. Your brain is elsewhere, but don't worry next month will be your happy month. Right now your luck is benefitting someone else. I am an astrologist -- come sit down with me and I will tell you all about yourself... your mothers name, your fathers name."
Anyways, at this point I really didn't want things to get to the point where he was going to ask me for money, so I fled. Basically I said he was right, my brain was elsewhere, and I was two hours late for work

No comments: