Friday, September 12, 2008

On "Catching Them All"... from the roof

Okay, so before I write anything major, I feel I need to get this out of the way. I'm back on the roof of the apartment, looking down over Bukit Bintang, playing Pokémon on my computer, and creeping Facebook. Pretty much living the life -- roofs AND Pokémon?? Awesome, I know.

So, this weekend is looking to be pretty relaxed. Originally, Jose and I were to go in to CIJ today to finish up the Constitutional Amendment posters, but we ended up staying quite late yesterday to get the majority of them done in Illustrator. They're looking pretty good, and now I guess I know a lot more about the Malaysian Federal Constitution. My thoughts are that it is a really interesting istuation. For instance, Malaysia is still officially in an emergency period because of conflict thirty years ago -- this is because the original law that put a time limit on "emergency perdiods" was ammended to have them last indefinitely, until annuled by both house of Parliament. Or, even more interesting, under the Sedition laws, nearly everything Can be considered seditious, even if it isn't so explicitely -- something can fal under this law even if it exhibits a "tendency" towards sedition. Anyways, I think in the next couple days, if it is okay with CIJ, I'll post a few of the posters here in jpeg form.

Anyways, post-roof session, I think we might check out the KL tower, and maybe look into getting to Batu Caves tomorrow? Only time will tell.
Now... I have some Pokemon to catch.

UPDATE: We ended up going to KL Tower and I bought a souvenir Power Rangers watch circa 1995. It has a Green Ranger cover on it that you have to lift before looking at the time. It also says Tommy on the band. Soooo awesome

No comments: