Thursday, September 4, 2008

Yesterday's Press Conference

So, yesterday did indeed turn out to be a very interesting day. The press conference at Petaling Jaya seemed to go very well, and it was a fine way to kick off the internship. As for my MC duties... well I think they went well. I managed to mask my awkwardness for most of it. Except for the part where I broke down crying at the podium and stood in a silence only to be broken by the sounds of cameras snapping. Eh actually it went pretty well. I think my shirt was a little big, but thats the only real complaint I can think of. So the conference itself was about a study that CIJ did asking 1000 or so Malaysian's what they thought about the media. Some of the major points were that a significant majority of Malaysians want media independence, with close to half believing the mainstream media to be performing below the best of ethical standards felt that the government controlled the media, and that a large number felt that the government controlled the media but couldn't really say why. Anyways here's the link to the summary on the CIJ website.



No comments: