Saturday, March 14, 2009

Canadian Music Week

Following my school assignment death week, taking the train back to toronto was definitely most welcome yesterday. On top of that, the lovely miss ariane klassen and her fellow chris white managed to get me a wrist band to Canadian Music Week happening all over toronto. So! upon my arrival back I was very excited to head downtown to see Human Highway at the Horseshoe Tavern.

This is the first time I've seen either Nick Thorburn or Jim Guthrie live - I was super excited going in, but did not expect them to be as amazing as they were. While their first album Moody Motorcycle is generally mellow, they managed to legitimately rock out on stage (can I say rock out? Does that make me lame? Does asking this just make me awkward? ugh.) -- needless to say I was delighted.

Also I fulfilled one of my goals last night: pretending to be a legitimate photographer and posing in front of the stage. Delicious. But hot! Geez... anyways, here are some pics from their set.

Nick Thorburn


Human Highway
Jim Guthrie

No comments: