So I just got back from an adventure out to the small fishing village of Kuala Selangor for lunch and monkeys with Jose and Apsara. We trekked up Bukit Melawati to check out the lighthouse that isn't anywhere near water. For the area, it is very old and mysterious - unfortunately, I was totally distracted by Silvery Lutung, or silverleaf, Monkeys. They didn't attack or try to eat me, so before I knew what was happening, we were best friends. These monkeys were quite gentle, and a lady sold packets of beans for 1RM for people to feed to them. Baby silverleaf's are orange... so great.
Anyways, after snapping far too many photos, we visited a few museums at the park, and headed down to a seafood restaurant overlooking the river. Even though I really don't eat seafood or fish, it was quite delicious. The restaurant is apparently quite well known for its fresh food and reasonable prices -- the building itself, like many many more on the river is on stilts and apparently they are able to catch food right out the back door. Prettty cool! Sorry for the excess of monkey photos... though I'm not going to lie, I'm getting pretty boss at taking them :p
2 comments:
Orange you glad I didn't say monkey?
ahhhh! They are adoooooooorable.
Post a Comment