
I took this from the parking lot on top of SungeiWang mall with my little Cannon Elph - I havn't edited it at all - the natural colours were too cool to mess up. Interestingly enough, this was shortly after I'd discovered that there were two floors to the mall I had yet to visit. Getting to one required me randomly deciding to walk across a roof parking lot. Hmmm. Good thing I didn't run in to Bowie.

I have a confession to make: I took this one a while back. I know. Scandelous, right? Argh... I'm doing well to establish credability with this photo essay. Though that having been said, I
did omit this from the title. Anyways, these were playing at the Coloseum theater - one of the oldest movie theaters in KL, located near little India. Unfortunately, neither of these were in English. I do intend to go see a Tamil movie while I'm here though.

Thursday was the International Conference on Ethnic Relations at the local university. Me and Jose went to help Miss Phang sell books (mostly related to press freedom and the Malaysian gov), but ended up sitting in on most of the sessions. This shot is unrelated to the conference, but Did happen on campus. I'm not quite sure what it was about.

40 Winks at No Black Tie, last Friday. The two bands before this, Estrella and Stoned Revivals were amazing. 40 Winks was cool, as this was my first Ska show, let alone Malaysian Ska show. Unfortunately, the ska bit was a little short - at only 25 minutes, the set could have been much longer. But all n all, an excellent evening! Zac, Jose and I managed to get "Reserved" seats at both Palate Pallate (excellent dinner) and No Black Tie. Sure I felt a little guilty, but it was excellent.
On

On our way to Miss Phang's house on Sunday, I stopped to get some Mcdonald's fries. I tried a local delicacy - McShaker fries. Imagine mixing Shake and Back with McDonald's. It's got the goods, baby. It is also amazingly salty.

Miss Phangs - essentially a day dedicated to eating. I havn't been so consistently full throughout a day like this... well ever. Also her husband kept feeding us beer, so that didnt help.


Photo albums... delicious
No comments:
Post a Comment